Terms And Conditions
Use of this site is provided by The Ramp People subject to the following Terms and Conditions. The Ramp People is the trading name of TRP7 Ltd registered in England and Wales Company Registration Number 8115543. VAT Registration number GB879914063.
The business contact details are as follows:
The Ramp People
Sandown Industrial Park
1. Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
2. The Ramp People™ reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
3. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
4. This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to The Ramp People™ are provided "as is" without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will The Ramp People™ be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence. Whilst The Ramp People™ endeavour to ensure the information contained in this site is accurate, it does not warrant that it is error free.
5. The Ramp People™ does not warrant that the functions contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, and reliability of the materials.
6. Copyright restrictions:
Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from The Ramp People™. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence by The Ramp People™ to use any item displayed.
Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not The Ramp People™). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
7. This site may contain links to other sites, please be aware that The Ramp People™ is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites and takes no responsibility for their content or availability.
9. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
10. If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
12. Making A Purchase
By submitting your order you are offering to buy the goods and allowing us to use details for the purposes of supplying them, including passing your details on to couriers. You may receive special offers and promotional mail from us only; your information will not be passed to any other third parties.
We are not obliged to supply the goods to you until we have confirmed acceptance of your order and this is when the contract is made. You do not own the goods until we receive payment in full. If you discover you have made a mistake with your order please contact The Ramp People immediately. Our website is regularly updated, but if the price has changed after you have placed your order, will contact you to ask if you wish to proceed.
If you are in any doubt about the suitability of a product for your requirements please contact The Ramp People.
Due to the variations of browser software and monitors, the actual colour of goods may vary from that shown on the web site.
14. Measurements and Sizes
Lengths, widths, height and weight measurements are accurate to the best of our knowledge. We do our best to correct errors or omissions as soon as we are aware of them. However, you should be aware that measurements may vary slightly between production batches. If you need to know the precise dimensions of a product, please contact us.
By default, all our plant and vehicles ramps are built without edges and with a rest on connection, unless otherwise specified in the product. For any customisation, custom cut load height, edges, or different connection option, we charge a general admin fee of £60.00 inc. VAT per pair.
All planning permission(s) and building regulation or control must be sought by the customer and is not the responsibility of The Ramp People, as these vary in different parts of the UK and other territories.
Where items are in stock we aim to deliver goods to you on a next business day service - often within 14 business hours. Next day delivery is standard but not guarenteed - like other mail order/distance selling businesses we rely on 3rd party couriers and whilst we use the best available their service is not guaranteed. On occasion delays in delivery can be experienced due to factors beyond our control - we will update you regularly when this occurs and do our utmost to get the product to you as soon as possible. When delays do occur however we are not liable for any compensation whatsoever.
For non stock items or special builds the usual lead time is between 2-4 weeks - with all deliveries we will keep you updated wherever possible and get these items to you as quickly as possible. Special build items are non-returnable and non-refundable.
When you receive your item please check it carefully before signing as "received in good condition". Goods cannot be returned as damaged in delivery if the consignment is signed for in good condition.
If you find a defective or damaged item please inform us immediately.
Our shipping terms for all customers are DAP unless explicitly specified. For more information on INCO terms please see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incoterms
16. Cancellation of Order
As a consumer you have the right, in addition to your other rights, to cancel your order and receive a refund. You must inform us in writing of your wish to cancel within 14 days starting on the day after the goods are delivered to you. You must return the goods to us at your cost. We advise you the goods are insured during any return journey that you organise.
We shall refund in full the total amount of money paid by you for the goods including the standard delivery charge (if applicable). An delivery charge outside of mainland UK dleivery will not be refunded if the order is cancelled. The customer is responsible for returning the goods at their expense. Please see returns policy below.
Please remember that once you have notified us of your wish to cancel the contract there is a legal requirement for you to take good care of the goods.
Please use the following cancellation form should you wish to go ahead:
To: The Ramp People etc
We hereby give notice that we wish to cancel our contract for reference ………………… which was ordered on ………….
If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract. We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
If you have requested that performance of services during the cancellation period, you shall pay us an amount which in proportion to what has been performed until you have communicated us your cancellation from this contract , in comparison with the full coverage of the contract
17. Returns Policy
Customised builds are not available for refund.
We will not accept as returned any goods which have been modified in any way by the customer or end user.
For stock/off the shelf items we accept returns as long as the following conditions are met:
Refunds and exchanges are accepted within 14 calendar days starting with the day after the delivery date. You must notify us in writing that you wish to return an item within this period - you then have 14 calendar days to return the item at your expense.
All refunds require that the item be returned at the customers expense, with all pieces and in original condition.
Refunds will be paid via the original payment method within 14 days.
When no receipt is provided, refunds for goods will be given at the discretion of management. A credit note will be issued equal to the item's prevailing price. Identification is required for all refunds where no receipt is provided.
Your refund may take up to 14 days from the time we receive your item. Refunds will be paid via the same method as was used to originally pay for the item.
What is refunded when I return an item?
When you return an entire order you will be refunded the price of the item paid at the time of purchase. When you return less than the entire order you will be refunded just the price of the items returned.
You can send the items back using our address above, all returns must be marked with a returns number which can be obtained by completeing a returns form - please request this by contacting by phone or email. Once your goods have been received at our office they will be booked in and a refund or exchange will be processed.
19. Warranties and Liabilities
a. Subject to the conditions set out below TRP7 Ltd T/A The Ramp People warrants that the specification at the time of delivery and the buyer should only be entitled to benefit of any our warranty or guarantee as is given by the manufacturer to TRP7 Ltd.
b. The above warranty is given by the Seller (for the sake of clarity this is TRP7 Ltd T/A The Ramp People) subject to the following conditions:
1. it is established by the Seller that some part of the material used in manufacture was defective
2. the Goods have been returned carriage paid to the Seller
3. the Goods have not been subjected to abuse or misuse of any kind
4. the Seller shall be under no liability in respect of any defect arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions, failure to follow the Seller’s instructions (whether oral or in writing), misuse or alteration or repair of the Goods without the Seller’s approval
5. Standard warranty is 12 months from date of our purchase unless specifically put in writing or shown on the website/product specification
We will not offer warranty on any goods which have been modified by the customer or by any end user.
20. Exclusions of Liability
TRP7 Ltd will not be liable for any loss of income, loss of profits, loss of markets, loss of reputation, loss of customers, loss of use, loss of an opportunity even if we had knowledge that such damages or loss might arise or for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages or loss howsoever arising including without limitation breach of contract, negligence, wilful act or default.
We are not liable if we do not fulfil any obligations towards you at all as a result of Circumstances beyond our control such as (but not limited to):
Acts of god including earthquakes, cyclones, storms, flooding, fire, disease, fog, snow or frost;
Force majeure including (but not limited to) war, accidents, acts of public enemies, strikes, embargoes, perils of the air, local disputes or civil commotions;
National or local disruptions in air or ground transportation networks and mechanical problems to modes of transport or machinery;
Latent defects or inherent vice in the contents of the shipment;
criminal acts of third parties such as theft and arson.
21. Retention of Title
The risk in the goods shall pass from the seller to the buyer upon delivery of such goods to the buyer. However, notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk in the goods, title and property in the goods, including full legal and beneficial ownership, shall not pass to the buyer until the seller has received in cash or cleared funds payment in full for all goods delivered to the buyer under this and all other contracts between the seller and the buyer for which payment of the full price of the goods thereunder has not been paid. Payment of the full price of the goods shall include the amount of any interest or other sum payable under the terms of this and all other contracts between the seller and the buyer under which the goods were delivered.