Last updated on October 18th, 2019 at 11:24 am
Whether your project requires speed cushions or speed bumps for school roads, town centres or as part of any other traffic-calming measures; The Ramp People understand the need for quick installation and durability to withstand all traffic. Whether you purchase speed bumps or speed cushions, installation can be completed in less than 30 minutes, resulting in minimal road disruption and significantly reduced installation costs.
The main benefit of speed cushions over speed bumps is that emergency vehicles can straddle/bypass the narrow width of 1800m and they are available in high visibility red. This is why these speed cushions (also known as sleeping policemen) are used at Heathrow Airport.
Rubber Speed Cushions are made from recycled rubber tires – tough and flexible rubber is lighter and easier to work with than asphalt and concrete, significantly minimising the number of hours that need to be invested to install.
Rubber pieces can be pulled up and moved without being damaged. This is convenient for organisations that want to install temporary measures to test an area and is also a safety feature for products to be stored during the winter to prevent snow plow damage. Unlike concrete and asphalt which necessitate frequent and high cost replacement, rubber products are long lasting and cost-efficient. In addition to long term benefits, rubber products offer a quick, easy way to install when timing is key.
Speed cushion benefits:
- Embedded cats eyes increases visibility and safety, day or night.
- Channeled bottom provides drainage and protects wires, cabling or piping.
- Narrow enough for emergency vehicles to straddle without slowing down.
- All-weather easy maintenance: will not warp, chip, crack, crumble or corrode.
- Extremely durable: tough enough for heavy traffic.
- Flexible: conforms to road curvature and any asphalt or concrete surface.
- Resistant to extreme temperature variations, UV light, oils, moisture and damage.